Grab is a fast-growing tech startup focused on travel e-commerce. We are the largest airport e-commerce platform in the world, allowing customers to order food and other products from their phone in the airport and then avoid the line at pick up.
Our goal is to expand as fast as possible in order to offer customers the mobile convenience they expect everywhere they travel. We've received great feedback from our customers and partners so far, and we're always striving to improve our product to delight customers in ways they don't expect.
Grab is a small but experienced team that values respect for each other, our customers, and our partners above all else. We're building a platform which transforms airport commerce and seek teammates who share the bold vision.
The VP, Accounts role is a unique opportunity to drive sales and customer engagement for a platform changing the way travelers experience airport commerce. This critical role reports to the Chief Experience Officer and is focused on managing the sales pipeline, prospecting and on-boarding new restaurant and retail partners, coordinating launches of mobile ordering and kiosks with new and existing partners, and ongoing client management.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with senior leadership in product development, technology and operations. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the Grab business.
- Assess/evaluate client needs through weekly calls and daily email correspondence
- Ensure client satisfaction through follow-up, responsiveness, and thorough communication
- Responsible for managing client expectations across all aspects of the relationship and overall client life cycle
- Ability to manage and distinguish between production support items and development/enhancement requests, and work with appropriate teams internally to address
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to command a group of individuals in a room quickly and be assertive in a public environment
- Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization (Executive team, IT, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance)
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment in a team and individually
- Responsible for maintaining product knowledge, implementing new client sites and understanding/explaining technical solutions
- 3-6+ years in similar role
- Experience in airport concessions industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business management and administration is the prerequisite – other technical bachelor’s degrees will be considered
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge about computer applications and relevant software preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Must be highly organized, meticulous with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, initiator, strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills a must
- Flexibility for travel up to 50%
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our concession partners
- Love for travel and mobile e-commerce preferred
- Must be able to pass background check from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Stipend towards health, dental and vision insurance
- Equity (ESOP)